Sunday, February 23, 2003

A Tat and a Win

I used to follow boxing. Of course I'd watch all the big fights, the pay-per-views, bouts on HBO and Showtime, but I'd also catch the fights on ESPN and USA so I could see the up-and-coming fighters. It was there that I first saw a teenage MIKE TYSON knocking out everyone.

The kid had so much potential. If he had continued his streak as it started, he'd have to be considered the best heavyweight of all time. Even better than ALI or MARCIANO. But that didn't happen.

After losing his mentor, CUS D'AMATO, MIKE TYSON lost fights, court cases... and some questioned, if maybe he'd lost his mind.

MIKE TYSON is no saint, but he's paid his dues. He seems to be at peace with himself. From what I saw he was gracious and humble with his 49 second knockout of CLIFFORD ETIENNE last night. Perhaps the MIKE TYSON story will have a happy ending after all.


No comments: