Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Sometimes Wrong is Right?

There's been a lot of talk about "Joe Millionaire" the reality show on Fox. It scored high ratings with tons of people tuning in to see twenty single women competing for the attention of a bachelor that they are led to believe is a millionaire. The catch is that he isn't. He's a normal guy who brings down about $20,000 a year.

First of all, why anyone would care a bit about women fighting to "win" the attention of any guy is beyond me. I guess I'm alone in that respect though. There have been a bunch of shows just like it... "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire"..."The Bachelor"... "The Bachelorette"... and now this... and I'm sure others to come.

What gets me is that if a guy was trying to pass himself off as a millionaire in order to get women, we'd call him a jerk. Yet a network does it and scores a ratings hit.

No comments: