Friday, December 27, 2002

New Years Means Twilight Zone

One of my traditions for New Year's Eve [in addition to running movies, having some good food, and setting off fireworks for my sons, nieces, nephews and well, myself] is to catch several episodes from Sci-Fi's Twilight Zone Marathon. I really love the idea of a TZ Marathon -- even though I rarely catch more than a few shows, just knowing that they're available is fun.

The last time the TZ Marathon ran, I recommended "Terror at 20,000 Feet" and "To Serve Man." They're my favorites and if you can only catch two, then they're the two.

If you're looking to expand your horizons, then I suggest "The Invaders" which will start at 9:06 on December 31st. "The Invaders" is the story of an old woman who lives alone, way out where there are no neighbors or electricity. Her life is changed forever when a miniature space ship carrying invaders arrives. How will she survive when they come after her?

Another episode worth your time is "The Shelter" which airs at 10:45 the same night. Several neighbors who are obviously good friends have gotten together to celebrate Dr. Stockton's birthday. Everything is swell until the group hears an emergency announcement that the U.S. is in immediate danger of an attack. The President has warned everyone to seek shelter -- just the kind of shelter that Dr. Stockton has... unfortunately not everyone will fit in the shelter. Just what will friends do to each other in order to get a chance at survival? You'll know if you watch!

No comments: