Sunday, September 22, 2002

Emmy Predictions

In the last few years I've found myself being much more selective about the television that I watch. I map out my viewing for the week and then pretty much stick to that. This helps me to not miss the few shows that I really enjoy, and it also helps me avoid "vegging" out in front of shows I don't care about.

The Emmy Awards are on tonight, and while I probably won't watch them [I haven't mapped out the week yet], there are a few shows/actors that I hope win.

In the best DRAMA category, I am pulling for West Wing but I wouldn't be upset if 24 won against CSI, Law and Order, and Six Feet Under.

In the COMEDY category, it would appear that Friends is a lock against Curb Your Enthusiasm , Everybody Loves Raymond, Sex and the City and Will & Grace.

For best WRITING for a DRAMA series, there are several very worthy contenders. I would like to see The Shield • Pilot • Shawn Ryan, Writer win because it was such a groundbreaking episode, but it would be hard to argue against Alias • Truth Be Told (Pilot) • J.J. Abrams, Writer; ER • On The Beach • John Wells, Writer; 24 • Midnight - 1:00 a.m. (Pilot) • Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Writers; or The West Wing • Posse Comitatus • Aaron Sorkin, Writer.

The LEAD ACTOR in a DRAMA is another [though not as] tough category. I am going to pull for either Michael Chiklis as Detective Vic Mackey in The Shield or Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer - 24 who are up against Michael C. Hall as David Fisher - Six Feet Under, Peter Krause as Nate Fisher - Six Feet Under and Martin Sheen as Josiah Bartlet - The West Wing.

I'm gonna pull for Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow star of Alias for the LEAD ACTRESS in a DRAMA category. She's up against Amy Brenneman as Judge Amy Gray - Judging Amy; Rachel Griffiths as Brenda Chenowith - Six Feet Under; Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher - Six Feet Under; and Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg - The West Wing.

The SUPPORTING ACTOR in a DRAMA is dominated by West Wing actors and my choice is John Spencer as Leo McGarry - The West Wing up against Victor Garber as CIA Agent Jack D. Bristow - Alias; Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz - Six Feet Under; Dulé Hill as Charlie Young - The West Wing; Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman - The West Wing; and Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler - The West Wing.

These are the categories in which I am "pulling" for a winner. For the full list click here. I would have given my predictions in other categories but it's time for me to plan out my viewing for the week. ; )

No comments: