Monday, April 01, 2002

Hellboy Next for Del Toro

Countingdown posted an item from director Guillermo Del Toro who said "I hope Hellboy is my next movie... It's difficult for me to get a $60 million dollar movie financed with Ron Perlman as the star, but I'm not giving up, since Mike Mignola and I think he is perfect for the part. If you want to know what the movie will look like, just go get the comic book. I will be as faithful as I can...Abe Sapien is such a characteristic figure, that we will basically have to do him completely artificial through puppetry and CG, to make him *exactly* as Mignola drew him. But I think his voice could either go the Kevin Spacey way or the Steve Buscemi way. Two total opposites that would nevertheless make the character interesting". Thanks also to Dark Horizons.
Although there was some speculation early on that Vin Diesel would get the role of Hellboy, I think that Pearlman is also an excellent choice. He won't bring in the inital crowd that Diesel. would, but if the movie rocks, the audience will find it!

No comments: