Thursday, April 18, 2002

Bad Ending for Blake

Police went to the home of actor Robert Blake on April 18, 2002 and CNN reported that they were there to arrest him in the death of his wife, who was gunned down outside a Los Angeles restaurant a year ago. Blake is shown in this 1985 publicity photograph from the television program "Hell Town."

We had just finished watching "Survivor" and I was heading in to check my e-mail when I got a call. "Turn on CNN. They're getting ready to arrest Robert Blake for the murder of his wife."

I can't say that I'm shocked or surprised. Although I wouldn't be willing to say that he's guilty, it doesn't look good. I read quite a bit about the murder (how could you avoid it at the time?) and none of his explanations ever seemed to really make sense.

I've always liked Robert Blake's acting. "Baretta" was an enjoyable series and he's been in several very good movies. It's too bad that this doesn't look to have a happy ending.


No comments: