Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hellboy vs the Universal Monsters


If this news comes to pass it would be the coolest...

Universal has acquired the rights to Hellboy. Guillermo del Toro [who co-wrote and directed the first Hellboy movie] and Mike Mignola [creator, writer and artist of Hellboy] are excited about the prospects of not only a sequel [or two] to the 2004 movie, but the fact that a Hellboy movie could now feature some of the classic Universal monsters! That's right, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, Dracula, the Creature from the Black Lagoon and more!!

Mignola and del Toro have discussed the possibilities. Here's a couple of quotes from del Toro: "I must say that I'm having a great experience right now at Universal, because I find that their understanding of Hellboy as a possibility is so great... My hope is that if everything goes well and we continue [the franchise], Hellboy can start fighting the Universal monsters! I would love to see that."

So would I. For the full article, click HERE.


No comments: