Sunday, July 10, 2005

Heroes Con Sketches Posted

My recent trip to Heroes Con 2005 was recounted here, but now that I've posted my art pick-ups in my Stallone Gallery, I thought that I should also provide links not only on the SZ [for Stallone fans], but also here in the ZONE for my blog and comic friends.


My first piece posted, by Steve McNiven, was actually one that I got at MegaCon
2005
when Steve was sketching for the ACTOR charity.



Rick Leonardi
was the first artist I approached at Heroes 2005. I'm a long-time Leonardi fan and was very pleased that he agreed to draw Rambo for me.


Brian Walker surprised me with this fun sketch of Sly as Lincoln Hawk from Over the Top. As a bonus, Brian even through in [or is that drew in] Bull Hurley!

What a great gift!


Mike Ploog
was an artist that drew some of my favorite childhood comics.
I couldn't pass up a chance at a freebie head sketch from Mr. Ploog and love
his take on Jack Carter.



I loved Nat Jones's work with Steve Niles on The Nail. Nat was one of the artists that I really wanted to try and get something from at Heroes. You can imagine how happy I was when he agreed to draw Cobra.


Gary McKee
and I have been talking about him doing a piece for my Stallone gallery for a while. I was extremely happy when he agreed to do me a water color piece. I was even happier when I saw the end result.


Let's cut to the chase. Casey Jones did one of the finest Stallone sketches I have yet to receive. He hit a homerun, raised the bar, use whatever metaphor you'd like... or just click HERE and... see for yourself!

I knew that my sketch from Cliff Chiang was going to be very good. How could it not be, it's Cliff Chiang! What I didn't know was that Cliff was going to follow Casey Jones' lead and create one of my all-time favorite pieces. Not only did Cliff add Adrian to the mix, but he also captured the essence of their characters. Wow!

If you've read this far, you're a true fan of Stallone, comic art or both. Either way, let me give you a heads-up... yesterday I received a piece of art for my Stallone gallery from an artist whose work I've admired for years. I never dreamed that I get something from him, since he rarely goes to conventions or sketches for fans. I'm still in shock. The piece was a gift and is so nice. I'll add it to my gallery in a day or two after I quit staring at it.

Anyone want to comment on my latest sketches or take a guess as to who the mystery artist might be?

No comments: